Ward Howell Capital
Ward Howell Capital is a global investor in companies with growth potential. We sustainably enhance company value by investing tailor-made solutions in the form of top-notch business leaders, long-standing expertise, capital, first class management and global networks.
THE BASIS OF SUCCESS
Capital, whether human or finance capital, is the basis success and value driver of each company:
- Management incl. its tasks towards employees, shareholders as well as customers and suppliers
- Intelligence regarding the development and achievement of strategies and goals, innovation, positioning and systems
- Expertise, Expertise, know-how and global market knowledge incl. the development of brands, products and services
- Resource allocation, networks, co-operations and alliances
- Finance capital securing continuity, growth, restructuring, change of course and acquisitions of companies
CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS IN ANY SITUATION
Ward Howell Capital offers customized solutions to realize the potential of a company – in any situation, whether a company is successful or distressed, faces a change of ownership, new alliances or growth, needs new strategies, innovation, a competitive edge or restructuring.
- Proven highest-caliber Business Leaders or Management Teams
- Proprietary Value Creation Platform interlinking the company to realize its full potential
- Market Intelligence Platform allowing the development of a sustainable competitive edge as well as the implementation of best practice procedures
- Global Competence Network offering global growth with local know-how
- Internal Expert Network analyzing and optimizing key issues and challenges
- Financial Instruments meeting the requirements of a specific situation
WHEN DO WE INVEST?
We typically invest in mid-market as well as blue-chip companies which meet the following criteria:
- Achieve sales in excess of €200m
- Hold a strong market position with long-term customers
- Operate in one of our focus industries/practices
- Often face situations of change i.e. growth and globalization, new market trends, uncertain company succession, insufficient earnings, new alliances, mergers & acquisitions, carve-outs and carve-ins, etc.
- Have the potential to grow at least by 50% within 2 years
HOW DO WE INVEST?
Our international networks, close relationships with leading companies as well as deep industry knowledge give Ward Howell Capital access to suitable business opportunities.
We evaluate investments based on strategic, market and financial analyses, focussing on competitive benchmarking, management capability and potentials. In the pre-investment-stage we develop a customized value creation concept.
Whilst the terms of our investment are as individual as our solutions they usually imply:
- An investment for a predefined, typically two to three year period
- 100% management authority for the investment period
- Participation in the value creation and / or
- Some sort of shareholding as well as remuneration